This post contains affiliate links. I will earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
5 Money Saving Tips for the Holidays
The holidays can bring a lot of stress, but money doesn’t have to be one of the stressors. Here are 5 tried and true tips to help YOU save money during this busy season.
- Plan Early. Shop all year round for gifts for your kids and family members. Sometimes this can be a challenge, especially if you have a kid who’s interests change rapidly. I just keep receipts and return as needed.
- Start Saving Early: The best advice I go was to start saving in January. Start by putting away $20-$30 per month into an account you won’t touch and then use that money to buy gifts.
- Set a Budget: And STICK TO IT! I’ve made it my mission to spend down to the CENT and I have fun every year trying to stretch my budget as far as it will go.
- Buy Used Gifts: Buying gentely used gifts for my kids has saved me SO much money, especially on big ticket items. You save money and time when the gifts come pre-assembled! You can shop thrift stores for unopened gifts too. I’ve already gotten a few stocking stuffers from the shelves of Goodwill.
- Track your spending. I use an app (iphone only) to set my budget, track my gifts and link ideas. (app is called Santa’s Bag). If you are into paper, I’ve got a FREE printable you can download here.
I’d love to see you use this, so if you download and use, be sure to tag me on Instagram!