This post contains affiliate links. I will earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
At home workouts 🏋️♀️ I truly detest working out at home but because of the stage of life I’m I’m, it’s the best option for me.
In multiple areas of my life, I fight the need for things to be perfect in order to want to do it. I want the perfect workout class, at the perfect time, in the perfect outfit. So I wait, and look and wait and look for the perfect opportunity. Welllllll, guess what-that NEVER happens. Sooo I have to FIGHT that feeling HARD! So not only do I not like working out in my basement because it takes so much self motivation, it’s also NOT my idea of perfect! It’s never the perfect workout and I’m DEFINITELY not in the perfect Lulu 🍋 outfit 🤪.
But I’m learning (slowly but surely) to just show up. In this case, I’m getting up and pressing play! I’m not waiting for the perfect opportunity cause if I do, I miss out. How true is that in all of life?!?
Here’s my 5 tips for sticking to an at home workout
- Find something you like. It took me a while to find the perfect at home workout. I needed something interesting, fun, with tons of variety. I need to follow a workout so I stream workouts with a trainer I love. It took me a while to find a trainer I love but now that I’ve found one, I’m obsessed. When I don’t feel like doing a workout in my basement, I give myself permission to walk or run outside.
- Have a variety of at home workout equipment. I have spent nearly a year, slowly collecting weights, resistance bands, kettlebells, stationary bike, etc. When I first started working out at home, I had one yoga mat and 5lb handweights but over the year, I’ve search Marketplace and looked for sales, so I can collect these items at affordable prices. Here is the bike we have (https://amzn.to/2BFT7ks), not the best, but gets the job done!
- Make it a habit and make it YOU TIME! I used to HATE waking up to work out, but I just kept setting my alarm for 530/545am every. single. day. even the on the weekend until it became a habit. Now, I can’t sleep past 545am 🙂 and I look forward to my workout every morning.
- Focus on progress over perfection. In the past, my perfectionism got in my way of doing what I needed to do. If I couldn’t get a FULL workout in, I’d get discouraged and quit all together. Now, I’ve come to terms with the fact that I will do what I can. I will cheer myself on and be proud of what I did accomplish, instead of worrying about what I couldn’t do.
- Find an accountability partner, I’ve had so much fun challenging my friends using my Apple Watch. I also have friends I check in with about my exercise routine and nutrition. If you don’t have someone that can be your accountability partner, I have TONS of suggests, please reach out!
- Have fun! Lordy, this stuff is HARD but I make it as fun as I can. I recently purchased bluetooth earbuds (budget friendly of course :-)) which allows me to blast encouraging music and helps motivate me to get my workout done! (Linked here—https://amzn.to/30WZ8Sa).
Favorite At Home Workouts
Heather Robertson is who I follow on YouTube
Her workouts are laid back, easy to follow and fun. I absolutely love following her. She has TONS of workouts, including a 12-week plan.
https://www.onepeloton.com/app I have not personally used this but I have heard SO many great things about this app. You don’t have to have a Peleton bike to use the workouts. Great variety and great workouts.
Beachbody on Demand ($99/year, unlimited workouts, meal plans)
Favorite workouts within BOD include:
*21 Day Fix
*Core De Force (kickboxing)
*Morning meltdown (variety of workouts)
*Cize (hip hop dance)
What’s your favorite at home workout!??!
2 replies on “At Home Workouts”
I love Natacha Oceane, and I have actually purchased a couple of her workout programs. She’s so positive and aspirational all in one! PopSugar and Fitness Blender are free options that are oldies but goodies!
Ohh I’ll have to check it out!!